Re: [Therion] Hidroniveler data input

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Hidroniveler data input
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:47:43 +0200

Quoting Vilius A <address@hidden>:

> Syntax as I imagine could be like this:
> #####
> data depth from to depth
> 0 20 -21
> #####
>
> How it would be done the way with "data diving..." Is it similar or not?

I am not sure, whether it will work, but you may add additional duplicate shot
between stations 0 and 20 with this exact depth. The problem is, that you need
to enter also horizontal component of this shot (means compass reading or
dx+dy).

I think, the best way is to set large standard deviation for clino to your shots
(using SD command) and then add additional "cartesian" shot from 0 to 20 with
large SD for DX and DY and small SD for DZ example:

data normal from to compass clino tape
sd clino 20 deg  # means 70% of readings are +- 20 degrees, big error
0 1 ...
1 2 ...
19 20 ...

data cartesian from to dx dy dz
sd dx dy 20 m # big error for DX and DY
sd dz 0.01 m # small error for DZ
0 20 50 50 -21

instead of 50 50, try to use as precise DX and DY as possible between stations 0
and 20. For more details, see manual for Survex.

HTH, S.