Re: Unify Ange-FTP and Tramp filename formats?

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: Re: Unify Ange-FTP and Tramp filename formats?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:05:37 +1000

|--==> "KG" == Kai Gro <address@hidden> writes:

  KG> The more I think about this alternative, the better I like it.
  KG> People can then just type /address@hidden:/path/to/file to
  KG> invoke Ange-FTP, and additionally, they can specify to use
  KG> Ange-FTP for some user/host combinations via a variable.

I still don't see the point.  To me, it looks like you are making it
harder for the user by introducing another filename format and yet
another variable to set.

  KG> But to do this right, [...]

IMO, to do this right, you need to not do it.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |