Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 20:02:30 -0300

Hi Michael,
Hi Ted,
Hi All,

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 15:55, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Gustavo,

I'm adding Ted in Cc, because he is the author of auth-source.el. For
the same reason, I quote your analysis completely.

Michael, I do understand your position. And won't dispute it, on the contrary, I find the design choice reasoning to be more than sound, and do recognize my suggestion to be quite ad hoc. Thank you for considering it.

Given then we have to look at this from the perspective of `auth-source', the fact still remains that I cannot reproduce the behavior with `emacs -Q', and could not isolate in my init file whatever is the missing intervening factor which triggers it.

So, unless Ted can figure this out in `auth-source', the best I can still offer is to remain at your disposal to try things out on my end, and see if, with your guidance, we can find the culprit. That is, if you think it's worth it, because, of course, we cannot exclude that this is all the fault of "that piece between my keyboard and my chair".

Best regards,
Gustavo.