Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:35:06 -0300

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 09:51, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

Given then we have to look at this from the perspective of
`auth-source', the fact still remains that I cannot reproduce the
behavior with `emacs -Q', and could not isolate in my init file
whatever is the missing intervening factor which triggers it.

Give me some days in order to reproduce it. I'll work on it, when
there's a free time slot.

Adding some information. I'm using GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2020-08-11, with built-in versions of TRAMP, auth-source and secrets. I had failed to mention it in my initial report.

I've also just did a more thorough bisecting exercise here. I disabled literally everything in both init.el and early-init.el, except for the two sexps:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq auth-source-save-behavior nil)
(setq auth-sources
     '(default
        "secrets:session"
        "secrets:Login"
        "~/.authinfo.gpg"))
#+end_src

And the behavior still occurs. My though then was that it must be in some package I have installed, which is being activated between early-init.el and init.el during startup. I went with `emacs -Q' and `M-: (package-activate-all)', and the behavior does not occur.

Best regards,
Gustavo.