Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:03:14 +0100

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Gustavo,

> And the behavior still occurs.  My though then was that it must be in
> some package I have installed, which is being activated between
> early-init.el and init.el during startup.  I went with `emacs -Q' and
> `M-: (package-activate-all)', and the behavior does not occur.

IIRC, in case of "emacs -Q", Tramp does not call auth-source-search. I
made this in order to get better error reports, w/o the hazzle to
instruct people how to configure auth-sources well. Try the following
after loading tramp.el:

(setq tramp-cache-read-persistent-data t)

This enables also using cached properties, but this shouldn't hurt in
your case.