Re: [Adonthell-devel] Various bugs and additions

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Various bugs and additions
Date: 01 Dec 2001 10:53:37 +0100

> If you load the attached save game (which is just before the extro begins)
> you'll see that Jelom is all messed up. Don't know how it happend, but he
> stands in an odd position between two tiles and will no longer move.

Quite weird. I'll have a look once I can checkout the new CVS (yes, I
admit, I'm a lame and I've just uploaded my SSH key right now! :/)

> Another odd thing happens under BeOS: Adonthell compiles fine now, but
> once it crashed during the intro and more often during the first dialogue.
> Given that odd behaviour we faced I while ago, I'd say something wicked
> happens during the intro sequence. Memory gets overwritten or something.
>
> I wouldn't bet on it however ;). Unfortunately, there is no (binary) of
> gdb for BeOS, and although I managed to compile it, it won't work. And
> with the bdb (the Be debugger) you can do no backtrace, and so far I
> hadn't the energy to debug the code line by line to find the source of
> error. Maybe I'll give it a try next week. But I think first of all I'll
> bring the intro sequence code into a better shape. Sorry Alex, but it's a
> mess :).

No problem! :) I've written it as a state machine. Well, a messy state
machine. Still, the problem may also come from a well hidden bug in the
mapengine, or maybe even the win_manager. Remember, you've (hopefully)
fixed it, but unfortunately "hopefully" never happens! :/

Let's give it a try with Electric Fence (just hope it won't run out of
memory), I think it would quickly appear! :)