Re: [Adonthell-devel] Various bugs and additions

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Various bugs and additions
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:53:48 +0100 (CET)

---Reply to mail from cirrus about [Adonthell-devel] Various bugs and additions

> I have 512 RAM and I can't remember how much swap - I could try if u
> like. Jut need to tell me exactly what to do!

Okay. Install electric fence if you don't have it already. Should come
with your distro: efence.rpm or something similar. Modify the
adonthell/src/Makefile.am (line 44) so it reads:

adonthell_LDADD = libadonthell.a $(libadonthell_LDADD) -lefence

Relink adonthell (e.g. rm adonthell; make), fire up gdb to debug
adonthell:

gdb ./adonthell
..
run wastesedge

Electric Fence will cause a crash when an faulty memory access occurs.
(E.g. outside the bounds of an array). If it crashes, a backtrace shows
where that error is in the code.

Would be cool if you could try :)