[Adonthell-devel] Map stuff

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Map stuff
Date: 28 Dec 2001 15:24:59 +0100

I'm adding the latest missing items on the map, and have some wonders
about their position... And others issues too, of course! ;)

Where should be placed the cart and bushes? They are available on the
CVS but not placed yet.

I've tried to move Bjarn's chest against the wall, but it appeared I
can't because if I do so, it appears behind the wall. Well, this is not
that serious for the plot, is it? No real action (I mean where the
player has control) will take place into the Dwarves room anyway, so the
player won't lurk at this precise place :)

I have problems with the barn walls. They doesn't seem to go along well
with the black gradient. Unless I missed something? Isn't the barn nice
already without them? (don't forget it's an interior view ;p)

Concerning the paintings, I hesitate to make them viewable. We only have
two on three we can zoom, and despite of the fact they are nice, I don't
feel like it will add something to the game. Just my opinion, if I'm
flooded with contrary ones, I'll bow :)

Ah, also the crying bjarn is available. Wanna test? Just open the Python
console and type 'gamedata_player().load("bjarn_crying.mchar")'
Of course, all his movments use the same animation, as he won't move at
all. I really like it, just two frames but your turned it damn well,
Ben! So during the scenario, when you want bjarn to cry, just load this
character into his slot. Of course, the player shouldn't be able to save
after that, or the classic Bjarn will be loaded with the game. That
shouldn't be a problem, is it?

Ah, I also had a look at Bjarn's closeup, and I agree with Kai it's
probably the most beautifull image into the game, although the general
level is already very high! :)

Is there something else you'd like to change on the map, tell me. I
probably forgot some things. I'll leave tomorrow for a few days, and
won't be back until the 1st. Well, anyway when we announce release
dates, we are always kidding, aren't we? ;) As (nearly) everything will
be finished in a few days, I suggest we test it internally during 2-3
days to fix the last things once the game is playable from beginning to
end. Then, let's release the beast! :)