Re: [Adonthell-devel] Map stuff

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Map stuff
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:40:44 +0100 (CET)

On 28 Dec 2001 15:24:59 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote
> I'm adding the latest missing items on the map, and have some wonders
> about their position... And others issues too, of course! ;)

Uh, sorry Alex. I sent my mail a minute or two before yours arrived ;).

> Where should be placed the cart and bushes? They are available on the
> CVS but not placed yet.

The cart goes somewhere in the yard, A few tiles south from the
stables, I'd say. The bushes should fit just outside the wall.

> I've tried to move Bjarn's chest against the wall, but it appeared I
> can't because if I do so, it appears behind the wall. Well, this is not
> that serious for the plot, is it?

Nah, shouldn't be a problem.

> I have problems with the barn walls. They doesn't seem to go along well
> with the black gradient. Unless I missed something? Isn't the barn nice
> already without them? (don't forget it's an interior view ;p)

Sure, but all other interiour views _have_ walls.

> Ah, also the crying bjarn is available.
[...]
> Of course, the player shouldn't be able to save
> after that, or the classic Bjarn will be loaded with the game. That
> shouldn't be a problem, is it?

Nope. These frames are used for the extro only, so no problem there.

> Is there something else you'd like to change on the map, tell me. I
> probably forgot some things.

Yep. Please put one (or two) of Silverhair's chests into the storeroom in
the cellar. But that is really all there is :).

> I'll leave tomorrow for a few days, and
> won't be back until the 1st. Well, anyway when we announce release
> dates, we are always kidding, aren't we? ;) As (nearly) everything will
> be finished in a few days, I suggest we test it internally during 2-3
> days to fix the last things once the game is playable from beginning to
> end. Then, let's release the beast! :)

Yeah, we should definitely do proper testing before we release it. I guess
if everyone of us will play it from start to finish once (or twice) we can
be fairly sure that everything works out fine.

Still I hope we get it out the next week at least. I wanna return to Uni
on the 7th and tell the dudes there that it is out!

Kai

P.S: Since you'll be away, Alex: should I take care of assembling the
extro (and putting in the music) then?