Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits

From: Joseph Toscano
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:30:26 -0500

Alex wrote:
> As for the mp3 files, I really would like you to leave them as oggs,

Indeed, I understand what you mean. I've decided I'll present the files in
both formats (MP3 and OGG). To be honest, I really would like the MP3 files
there so that any casual visitor can hear the music I've made. After all,
I'm trying to gain at least a little popularity for myself, so that I can
keep making game music. For that, I need to make my music as accessable as
possible.

I really despite MP3 and all of the immorality that surrounds it, but it's
somewhat of a necessary evil at the moment.

> Uh, another thing, Joseph: could you give more details about what you
> are using to compose? I guess you have a big wave table and use a
> sequencer (midi?), but which one?

I use a program called Logic Audio for Mac. The instruments I use are a Korg
Triton and an EMU Sampler, and a nifty keyboard called the AN1x. There are a
number of reasons why distributing my Logic projects wouldn't be feasible,
but the most apparent one is that they're anywhere from 500MB to 1GB in
size. Some of them still have the sequencing data in-tact, but I can only
distribute them as Logic files for Mac, and. . . that'd be kinda lame. Only
people with Logic (a $500 program) could read them.

--JT