Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:27:53 +0100

On Thursday 24 January 2002 18:23, you wrote:
> O, and another thing: The URL to put in the credits is:
>
> http://zhaymusic.com/wastesedge/
>
> I'd prefer that URL be in the credits as opposed to the local audio
> directory, because I'm going to put a page there, along with the files in
> .MP3 format so a wider audience can hear them. (yes, I know, blasphemy)

Actually, I'm in favour for this too, for several reasons:

First, if the path gets too long, it won't fit into the line and the display
gets messed up. (That's a bug, Joel!)

Second, most people should be aware that the music that is played is
somewhere on their harddisk. They are Linux users, ergo they are not
stupid ;).

As for the .mp3 format: putting a link to the Ogg Vorbis winamp plugin should
do the trick as well. (Or does anyone actually use M$ Media Playa?). But
well, I generously allow you to do what you want on your own website ;).