Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Credits
Date: 24 Jan 2002 23:57:38 +0100

> Indeed, I understand what you mean. I've decided I'll present the files in
> both formats (MP3 and OGG). To be honest, I really would like the MP3 files
> there so that any casual visitor can hear the music I've made. After all,
> I'm trying to gain at least a little popularity for myself, so that I can
> keep making game music. For that, I need to make my music as accessable as
> possible.

Sensible. Although I'm quite sure most people have stuff to play ogg,
but I can only agree when you say mp3 is more popular. Sad but true.

> I use a program called Logic Audio for Mac. The instruments I use are a Korg
> Triton and an EMU Sampler, and a nifty keyboard called the AN1x. There are a
> number of reasons why distributing my Logic projects wouldn't be feasible,
> but the most apparent one is that they're anywhere from 500MB to 1GB in
> size. Some of them still have the sequencing data in-tact, but I can only
> distribute them as Logic files for Mac, and. . . that'd be kinda lame. Only
> people with Logic (a $500 program) could read them.

Oh - I thought that they would be distributable as simple & light .mid
files or something like this ;) Yeah forget it. Anyway in such a closed
format no one would be able to open & learn from them. Ahhh (integrist
mode on) I'm looking forward for the day when a good free sequencer will
be available ;)

See you all!