Re: [Adonthell-devel] OGG RC3 + ending sequence

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] OGG RC3 + ending sequence
Date: 27 Jan 2002 12:08:16 +0100

> On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:36:51 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
> > Noticed, as I was encoding the final files, that RC3 has been released. Big
> > quality improvements. Thus, I can make the files smaller without sacrificing
> > quality. And, therefore, there can be one single download package.
> >
> > Can Adonthell be quickly updated to play the new RC3 files?

Considering the quality of your files, I highly suggest we switch to
RC3. Even if some people would have to upgrade (actually, I use RC2 yet
and your files just played fine) the download cost of vorbis would be
lower than the cost of the old files.

I really can't do that right now, but I think anyway that rc2 and rc3
are API compatible, which would mean we have nothing to do to support
rc3, right Kai?

Some thoughts about the ending sequence, after having heard the music:
-If I understood correctly, the "normal" music will be played during the
dialog and the first part of the sequence. When Bjarn go to the chest,
the music would fade. at-demo-a would start when the chest starts
moving, or the gems appear, depending of the sync effect you want to
give. Then, when the action switches back to the map, at-demo-9 plays.
It could be necessary to shorten a bit the texts so it ends right with
them, but having a few seconds blank at the end wouldn't be that bad.