Re: [Adonthell-devel] OGG RC3

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] OGG RC3
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:06:03 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:36:51 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
> Noticed, as I was encoding the final files, that RC3 has been released. Big
> quality improvements. Thus, I can make the files smaller without sacrificing
> quality. And, therefore, there can be one single download package.
>
> Can Adonthell be quickly updated to play the new RC3 files?

Aren't they downwards compatible?

Anyway, all it needs for people to do would be to install RC3 then. (I
already have done that last weekend). In case they are not downwards
compatible, we probably could add a check to the configure script.

Is the quality really so much better that you can use bitrates lower than
128? Hard to believe, but it would be quite cool. :)