Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:02:44 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Mike Avery wrote:

> Whatever is decided, we need to be careful that we maintain balance.  If
> magic becomes much more powerful than melee combat, nobody will use the
> fighter.

That shouldn't be too hard to do.  By nature, elves probably wouldn't be
so good at physical combat, as would half-elves, only not so much so.
Humans would have the advantage of strength plus alchemy, although we
could make it relatively expensive (for instance, in order to make
potions, "grenades" and the like, it would be necessary to buy equipment,
which would have a lifespan).  Dwarves, of course, would be all combat.
So the magic is weighted to characters who would have low melee value,
save for the humans who would have a different restriction.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  "Nezumi - He's one of those absolutely wonderful people who restore your