Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle System
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:14:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Mike Avery wrote:

> Right, and your point is taken.  If a mature elf mage character can destroy a
> mature dwarf fighter because magic and melee are not balanced, many people
> wouldn't bother to play the dwarf fighter.

Don't forget the standard magic resistance skills, which would play a part
here.  The superior agility of an Elf would reduce physical damage a bit,
while the same woule be true of the stubborn resistance to magical attacks
of a Dwarf.  We'd have to play around a bit to level everything off for
all character types, but that's the basics at least.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  Whales are mammals!  Mammals have hair!  SHAVE THE WHALES!!