Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!
Date: 18 Feb 2002 16:18:01 +0100

> > Thats why Im afraid you'll be scared of with the current ClanDisplay... it
> > wasnt designed for low-level manipulation. We're just brewing on something
> > much, much better, and I don't want people scared off from something we're
> > currently improving.
>
> My point being: Maybe you should wait for this new ClanDisplay to be usable,
> unless the current display target is adequate.

Allright. If the new one does provides SDL comparable functions for
images access, that'd be just fine, no matter what you provides on top
of that. I'll probably have a look into the current one anyway - it
looks interesting and we do not need THAT low level anyway - what we do
is just image format conversion, loading, saving, blitting a part or an
entire image with or without color mask or alpha blending. We need to be
able to blit an image on the screen or on another image too, and also
allow screen to image blits (in short: screen and image must have the
same base structure). That's not a big deal.