Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:36:27 +0100

> Sorry to change the topic so quickly - what does the others think about
> the situation with SDL? Kai, ZT, Cirrus, Ben, Nezu, Jol?

Same as James I can't really say much to the issue, as my knowledge is yet too
limited in this area.

But maybe a general thing that might fit at this point (from what I gather from
this discussion, and I didn't gather a lot...):

If at this point there is the possibility of regarding far-spread platform
compatibility (Yes, it's my vision, that in the distant future Adonthell might
actually run on Mac OS, or even Window~) then certain decisions such as at SDL
thing should be made in favour of far-spread compatibility. If you ge what i
mean. I'm just trying to say that we should see to it that Adonthell runs on as
many OS as possible, and we should consider it as early as possible.

It would just suck if we sit there in the end with everything completed, and
suddenly notice that we can't transfer it to, for ex., Windows, because of a
simple problem we didn't consider in the early stages...

Just a non-experts view, and maybe it's utter nonsense, but hey, you asked ;)

BEN