Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 12:10:24 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On 01 May 2002 10:29:34 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>
> > > Anywayz, I'd like to think I've gotten quite far. I've managed to
> > > get it compiled and working... sort of. When I run waste's edge, the
> > > intro starts nicely... but there are problems. For some odd reason
> > > or another, it won't accept keyboard input (although i can use the
> > > arrow keys to start and load games, and also quit at the main menu)
> > > I can't define a name, but I can delete the default name. After the
> > > intro, all i see is a house roof and some grass... after that i can
> > > *nothing*.
> >
> > Ah, when you just see the house roof and some grass, this means the
> > mapview is looking at (0, 0), that is, it is not centered on the
> > character it should target. To be more precise, the mapview schedule
> > isn't loaded correctly. You certainly had error messages about this in
> > the console (or whatever stdout is outputted to on macos - under
> > Windows it's a file named stdout.txt/stderr.txt).
>
> Looks like that. You should definately run configure with the
> --enable-py-debug option. If there are any problems with the python
> interpreter, you'll get more verbose error messages that way.

That's what I told Nils last night but apparently it didn't say
anything. He ues a different shell to bash though - tcsh or something
(right, nils?) and I'm suspecting it perhaps directs STDERR somewhere
else - as some of his errors were identical to the ones I had on Solaris
but his output was shorter than mine. Is this a possibility or am I just
mad?

Also, I remember my SOlaris copy had trouble with keyboard input too -
just like with Nils the letters didn't work but the rest did. I can't
remember if that was fixed though - I'll have to go ovr to CS and try it
ot again.

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821