Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Nils Hesse
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 17:45:49 +0000

We met exactly the same problem under Windows. This has been fixed by
using a more standard way to reference modules, so it should work on
macosx too. But of course, the released version doesn't include this
change yet. Where have you got your sources? From CVS, or have you
downloaded a release? If you want so, I can put a tarball with the
latest sources somewhere so you can work with the latest sources without
messing with CVS.

Well, my initial philosophy was to get the release working first so I'm working on the 0.3.2 sources atm... but from what I can understand, I'm probably best of using the CVS sources... now, this is rather embarrassing, I don't really know how to use CVS so if someone could give me a quick run down... :) Also, I need autoconf >= 2.5 right?

f) finally, to make things a little cleaner, I added symbolic links in
/sw/bin for /usr/local/bin/adonthell and adonthell-wastesedge

Does programs need to be in /sw/bin on macos? Then we could fix that at
configure time too.

Not normally, no. Thing is though, as I mentioned before, I'm using fink (fink.sourceforge.net) Thus, I have a cocktail of GNU Unix stuff and my standard Mac OS X dev tools.... I mainly had to use fink to make sure the configure script would run.... fink somehow automatically patches it so that it can recognize the platform and also the library system is a bit different in os x so fink takes care of that too. As a result of using fink, all gnu unix utilities are stored in /sw (except X11), and my terminal/shell is set up to use /sw/bin as it's standard path. Once I can get adonthell working, I'll read up on makefiles and see if i can get a 'true' os x port underway...

Thanks for all yer help!

Regards,
r:Nilz