Re: [Adonthell-devel] AM_PO_SUBDIRS?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] AM_PO_SUBDIRS?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:03:19 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:55:15 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hum, I don't really like this idea. What would be wrong in calling
> AM_GNU_GETTEXT (excepted that configure would be a bit longer)? It
> should be the safest solution, as gettext is more likely to change
> again and we could lose compatibility by including the macros in our
> package.

That's true. But then you also had to add the intl/ directory. I don't
think there is a way around that (other than what I did).

I don't really think we'd lose compatibility. All that macro does is
checking for a number of binaries. I don't think they will change their
name or function any time soon.