[Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages
Date: 24 Feb 2002 21:26:39 +0100

Calm down Kai, this isn't serious ;)

I was browsing the news and noticed something weird. Look for example at
the last news item:

* Time for some new News ;) - Wednesday May 17 21:41 2002 - Kai Sterker
                                                     ^^^^

I know that time is very relative when we talk about release dates (we
are here to prove that Einstein was right), but I hope we don't have to
release 0.3 anymore... Do we??

The worst being that this news item was actually published in... 2000.
What does it say? "Yeah, we'll soon release 0.3!" ;)

Btw. Aren't there too many news items displayed on the news page? This
one is nearly 2 years ago - or we have to publish many news so the
oldest displayed is only a few months old.

Btw2. Kai, since I'm maintaining the Debian packages, I'd like not to
bother you when the links need to be updated. I know you use some kind
of tool to build the website pages. Is there a way for others to make
changes without them being overriden on the next update? Maybe using
CVS?

Btw3. How about moving Waste's Edge CVS to Savannah? After all, it's
public now, and that way Josh's friend would be free with us. We should
maybe discuss about making our next data packages public from beginning
- I think only developers would mess with them, and if players want to
waste their gaming experience testing incomplete games, that's their
business after all.

Ahhh, one last news item to finish, some are really too funny when you
look at them now: ;)

* And the winner is ... Python - Thursday Aug 10 22:52 2000 - Kai
Sterker

(Btw, the date is correct here).

[.....]

"We'll present you the abilities of upcoming version 0.3 game engine
with a fully playable demo, sometime this year."

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org