Re: [Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages
Date: 25 Feb 2002 13:35:57 +0100

> > Btw2. Kai, since I'm maintaining the Debian packages, I'd like not to
> > bother you when the links need to be updated. I know you use some kind
> > of tool to build the website pages.
>
> vi. The code is hand written, of course :). The problem is, I keep an
> offline copy and make the changes to that, then upload the new files. So
> if somebody else starts changing files on the server, I'll probably
> overwrite their changes.

Ah, maybe we could use CVS then. An additional module wouldn't hurt.
What do you think about it?

> > Btw3. How about moving Waste's Edge CVS to Savannah? After all, it's
> > public now, and that way Josh's friend would be free with us.
>
> Not really. He'd still host the plot CVS, and I guess we wouldn't want to
> move that to Savannah.

Ah, right. I don't know whether the ploit should be publicly available
or not. I'd say it's the player's choice to decide whether to waste his
gaming experience or not, but on the other hand the plot is the only
part I'd fear seeing public.

> Does anyone know whether there's a quota on
> Savannah? I guess the wastesedge CVS is pretty huge, mainly due to the
> music.

We could simply import the current tree - that's not very serious.
Anyway I don't think we are limited in space. Guess there are much
bigger projects on Savannah.

> Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. A couple of people were getting
> the CVS code and had no data to run it. We can put up a warning, but apart
> from that, it shouldn't really matter whether they are able to get
> incomplete data or not.

Allright. We could start by moving waste's edge there. Then once the
code enters a stable state again (with no dependencies on any game
package) we could start another demo module.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org