Re: [Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Website bug & Data packages
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:12:03 +0100 (CET)

On 25 Feb 2002 13:35:57 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> Ah, maybe we could use CVS then. An additional module wouldn't hurt.
> What do you think about it?

There's nothing speaking against it. Actually, it'll be helpful, as I
don't need to keep the copy on my two boxes in sync manually. I'll add it
after lunch.

> Ah, right. I don't know whether the ploit should be publicly available
> or not. I'd say it's the player's choice to decide whether to waste his
> gaming experience or not, but on the other hand the plot is the only
> part I'd fear seeing public.

I guess you can play an incomplete game without suffering too much (except
that you'll have to replay some parts once it is complete). But if you
would see the whole plot in advance, it's practically like a walkthrough.
So the plot should be kept private.

> We could simply import the current tree - that's not very serious.
> Anyway I don't think we are limited in space. Guess there are much
> bigger projects on Savannah.

Okay, we could do that then.

Btw, what title should the v0.4 demo have? Uzdun'kal? OTOH, that's only
the location at the very beginning. Any ideas? (Not that it would really
matter at the moment ;)).

>> Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. A couple of people were getting
>> the CVS code and had no data to run it. We can put up a warning, but apart
>> from that, it shouldn't really matter whether they are able to get
>> incomplete data or not.
>
> Allright. We could start by moving waste's edge there. Then once the
> code enters a stable state again (with no dependencies on any game
> package) we could start another demo module.

Right. We'll also need to have our own graphics first. ;)

Kai