[Adonthell-general] Weapons list for DB

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Weapons list for DB
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:06:42 -0800

I wanted to bring up the subject of what kind of weapons we want to
implement in DB and in following tech demos, etc. I realize in doing
just a very little bit of research via the web that the possibilities
are well-nigh endless.

I realize that this is in some respects a design decision that hangs
very largely on the various peoples, nations, and ethnicities that we
include in our little world, so I am asking here.

Any idea what kind of equipment list we should have for DB? I don't
wan't to go overboard and include all possible variations of every
basic weapon.

For my money, I think we should implement a limited assortment of
knives, swords, axes, hammers, bows, polearms, and crossbows, perhaps
with the exception, of course, of the special weapons that some NPCs
are carrying. For now, I suggest we exclude ironwood or bronze weapons
entirely.

Andrew