Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: Weapons list for DB

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: Weapons list for DB
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:47:11 -0800

I've noticed the same trend. In a standard 2d Iso, the various
creatures drop so much random stuff that I often find it hard to carry
it all back to a merchant to sell off. Most of it is utterly worthless
to me. I think having creatures drop less is a good thing. Fewer item
drops means that what is dropped should be more valuable, of course.

As far as item evolution goes, I think the concept is an interesting
one and one worth pursuing. Would we use both the transformation and
mutability approaches to item modification? Additionally, can an item
be transformed in more than one way - IE, a sickle that is first
acid-coated and then poisoned? Would it be a sickle, a dark sickle, a
burning, venomed sickle, or something else besides?

So, the base list would consist only of the basic items by type and
materials, such as bronze, iron, steel, dwarvish steel, and silver
dagger? Just asking for the sake of clarity

Andrew