Re: [Adonthell-general] Wastesedge stops when the lady asks me to get he

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Wastesedge stops when the lady asks me to get her things from the pantry.
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:08:38 +0200

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:13 AM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

> The arrows are intended to indicate exits to the left or right.
> Looking at it now, I wonder whether it would have been clearer if we had
> placed them in the black void just beyond the exits.

Yes. Or if we otherwise would have indicated that there is a door
there. I think right now it's just an opening ...

> I'm also trying to remember if they had to placed manually by the map
> designer. I think they did - but it's been a long time so I could be wrong.
> Assuming that's the case though, it might be nice if the new engine could
> display arrows like that automatically. Presumably it knows where exits to
> other maps are, so it ought to be doable.

They needed to be placed manually. And I think basically that will be
the case with the new map engine too. All the map engine knows is that
entering (or leaving) a certain area will trigger an event. But it
won't know what the event will do. It could be a teleport, a trap, a
trigger to progress a quest, etc.

Kai