Re: [Adonthell-general] libltdl missing but libtool is present.

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] libltdl missing but libtool is present.
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:18:17 +0200

2011/7/6 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

>  It worked but sorta fails now while doing the make.
>
> Attaching the whole build process (including the configure) as well as
> the config.log .

Well, that's the important bit from the compilation failure:

  /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_list.h:105:32: error: reference to
'__detail' is ambiguous
  /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_list.h:66:3: error: candidates are:
namespace std::__detail { }
  /usr/include/c++/4.6/tr1/hashtable_policy.h:36:1: error:
    namespace std::tr1::__detail { }

All the other stuff appears to be following errors. Basically, it
finds the same symbol in two different namespaces and doesn't know
which one to use. At first sight it appears to be a problem in the c++
standard headers of GCC 4.6, but it may well be triggered by our
mingling of "normal" STL and TR1 headers.

In brief, it's something I need to see for myself, so I gotta install
GCC 4.6 and see what can be done to fix it. So a fix will take a few
days, but I'll try to give it some time over the weekend.

Again, thanks for reporting.

Kai