Re: [Adonthell-general] libltdl missing but libtool is present.

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] libltdl missing but libtool is present.
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 03:23:54 +0530

In-line :-

2011/7/7 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:

<snipped>

> That's the error that causes the test for libltdl to fail:
>
> configure:15948: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -no-undefined conftest.c -lltdl
> >&5
> gcc: error: unrecognized option '-no-undefined'
>
> -no-undefined is something added to the linker flags in our configure
> script, but I am not quite sure why we did that in the first case and
> why it isn't working anymore. I believe it had to do with the win32
> build, where dlls are not allowed to have undefined external
> references. In order to catch that while working on more forgiving
> systems, -no-undefined has been added.
>
> Moved it out of the Linux/OSX build for now, so you should get it to
> work now. Thanks for letting me know. Will have to check what is going
> on here when time allows and change it into something that actually
> works.

  It worked but sorta fails now while doing the make.

Attaching the whole build process (including the configure) as well as
the config.log .

The adonthell-build directory has quite a few files and directories in it.

This is the directory listing of the directory :-

/usr/local/src/adonthell-build$$ ls
adonthell.pc  config.log     doc      Makefile  stamp-h1
config.h      config.status  libtool  src       test

Also attaching the Makefile generated from ./configure maybe that
perhaps would show what the issue is.

<snipped>
> Kai

Lastly I run an alias 'makeadonthell' (without the quote marks) which
is in my .bashrc to ease the whole process.

alias makeadonthell='./autogen.sh;echo;mkdir ../adonthell-build && cd
../adonthell-build;echo;../adonthell/configure
--prefix=/usr/local;echo;make clean;make'

Sorry for the long mail and the longish attachments.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल