apps-gnustep

GNUstep GUI design

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: GNUstep GUI design
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:52:18 -0400

Hi,

 I just notice that the GNUstep applications tend
 to separate the folder into another window than its content.
 For example, the folder of GNUMail is in a separated window than mails,
 so does the LuserNET.
 Is it a common GUI design for GNUstep applications ?
 Personnaly I prefer the folder is in the same window with its content
 so that I can switch the folder easily,
 not to search where the folder window is first.
 I guess that's the reason why Cocoa add the NSDrawer.
 While I'm working on the MusicBox,
 I'm thinking whether to separate the playlist into
 a window as GNUMail and LuserNET do.
 Any comment ?

 PS. I prefer to discuss in apps-gnustep maillist
 because it is something about application.

 Yen-Ju