apps-gnustep

Re: GNUstep GUI design

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: GNUstep GUI design
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:54:03 -0400

From: Andreas Heppel <address@hidden>
To: Fabien VALLON <address@hidden>
CC: Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 19:18:28 +0200

On 2002-10-04 18:40:50 +0200 Fabien VALLON <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yen-Ju Chen (address@hidden) a écrit:
>>   Personnaly I prefer the folder is in the same window with its content
>>   so that I can switch the folder easily,
>>   not to search where the folder window is first.
>
> The Window is where you put it.
Yep. A person who knows where his windows (uhm, towels) are is considered to be a reliable person. At least that's what the hitchhiker's guide says ;-)

 That's true.
 But sometimes the folder window is covered by another window.
 That's the situation I need to find out where the window is,
 especially when I open several windows. :)

> The nexuiguide :
> http://www.google.com/search?q=nextuiguide&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0
>

> And (again) please keep MusiBox small Stephane is already working on Encod.app
> and Andreas Heppel on Gsburn.app
> This apps should be used on all the system.
>
> Don't write an app that make the coffee, it is not the *Step way.
Right. I fully agree. Stéphane and me are already discussing the interface for ripper bundles and it seems we are already close (to the definition, not the implementation :-)

 That sound great !!.
 As I said in previous mail,
 I hope the encoding could be in the bundles, too.
 So I can substitute the cdparanoia with cdda2wav.
 I already has an interface for encoder bundles in MusicBox,
 but it is designed for external command line tools.
 Maybe both of you will have a better idea.

 Yen-Ju

Cheers,
Andreas

--