apps-gnustep

Re: GNUstep GUI design

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: GNUstep GUI design
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:44:07 -0400

From: Fabien VALLON <address@hidden>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:33:30 +0200

Hi,

Yen-Ju Chen (address@hidden) wrote:

 [snip]

>  2. The encoder in MusicBox is optional.
>     If you don't install any encoder bundles,
>     then you get a MusicBox without encoders.
> Right now, I need an encoder so that I could produce some test samples
> for other function.
>     So the encoder bundles will be keeped for a while.
>     And I use external tools (cdda2wav and oggenc) for encoding.
>     If you haven't install them, you get no encoding, too.
>     MusicBox still compile without these external tools.
>     They are only optional in MusicBox,
>     so do other kinds of playlist.

I'm not sure to understand.
That it means :
there are tools/services in the system. If they are installed,
MusicBox can use them, if not MusiBox can run without them  ?

 No. They are just bundles, not tools/services.
 MusicBox will search what bundles you have,
 then decide what function you will have.
 So in the minimum MusicBox,
 you have only library and plain playlist,
 and general playing function.
 No CD and smart playlist, no encoders.

 [snip]

 Yen-Ju