apps-gnustep

Re: GNUstep GUI design

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: GNUstep GUI design
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:40:50 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen (address@hidden) a écrit:
> Hi,
>
>  I just notice that the GNUstep applications tend
>  to separate the folder into another window than its content.
>  For example, the folder of GNUMail is in a separated window than mails,
>  so does the LuserNET.
>  Is it a common GUI design for GNUstep applications ?

OpenStep application.

>  Personnaly I prefer the folder is in the same window with its content
>  so that I can switch the folder easily,
>  not to search where the folder window is first.

The Window is where you put it.

The nexuiguide :
http://www.google.com/search?q=nextuiguide&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0

And (again) please keep MusiBox small
Stephane is already working on Encod.app
and Andreas Heppel on Gsburn.app
This apps should be used on all the system.

Don't write an app that make the coffee, it is not the *Step way.

Cheers
Fabien