apps-gnustep

Re: GNUstep GUI design

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: GNUstep GUI design
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:00:01 +0200

On 2002-10-04 13:54:03 -0400 Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> The Window is where you put it.
>> Yep. A person who knows where his windows (uhm, towels) are is considered
>> to be a reliable person. At least that's what the hitchhiker's guide says
>> ;-)
>
> That's true.
> But sometimes the folder window is covered by another window.
> That's the situation I need to find out where the window is,
> especially when I open several windows. :)

I see your point. Nevertheless, you have the option to Alt-Tab through your
windows and thus get the folders window on top (I am talking WindowMaker here).
Talking GNUMail for example, there was another problem, when trying to dock the
folders window into the maibox window. You can have several mailboxes open in
several windows. Where would you want to dock the folders window? In all of
them?

>> Right. I fully agree. Stéphane and me are already discussing the interface
>> for ripper bundles and it seems we are already close (to the definition,
>> not the implementation :-)
>
> That sound great !!.
> As I said in previous mail,
> I hope the encoding could be in the bundles, too.
> So I can substitute the cdparanoia with cdda2wav.
It will. Thus, your dream of writing a ripper bundle with cdda2wav will become
true :-)

> I already has an interface for encoder bundles in MusicBox,
> but it is designed for external command line tools.
> Maybe both of you will have a better idea.
Well, if you post us a header file with the definition of this interface, we
will see how far it differs from what we have in mind. Maybe you have the
better idea. At least I think we may profit in the one or another way. I know I
could dig through MusicBox's sources for this stuff, but it will be faster if
you create an excerpt (maybe some documentatio?) and post it.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel