Re: [AUCTeX] TeXLive2011 Biber environment problem

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeXLive2011 Biber environment problem
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:28:15 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 18.08.2011, 14:29 -0400 schrieb Haines Brown:

>   # texhash
>   texhash: Updating /usr/local/share/texmf/ls-R...
>   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN...
>   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVE...
>   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
>   texhash: Done.
>
> Again,
>
>   $ echo $TEXINPUTS
>   /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf:

Obviously, your texlive distribution is not found by texhash. If I
assume that you have installed texlive in /usr/local/texlive/2011 that
that directory should also be covered by texhash which it is not at this
moment. you need to add the /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/"your system"/
folder to the path environment e.g. in /etc/environment and then re-run
texhash. Alternatively you can generate symbolic links using tlmgr
(which I use only with a gui) to /usr/local/bin and add that folder as
the first entry of your path variable.

at the moment you should run
which texhash

and I am quite convinced that result will not be the texlive texhash but
an older version still on your hard disk which is (maybe) required for
installation of other packages as is here where I use ubuntu.

Hopefully this may help you!

Greetings from the Black Forest
Bernhard