Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:01:48 -0600

TODD BATZLER wrote:

"Christopher X. Candreva" <address@hidden> 05/18/05 12:39 PM

On Wed, 18 May 2005, TODD BATZLER wrote:

first step is to figure out how to 'un-tar' a file under Windows XP.
can de-compress it to the base .tar file.  Can someone point me in
the
right direction to get the rest of the way.

I've been told Winzip can open .tar.gz files.

Christopher:

You are correct.  The .gz suffix indicates that the tar file was
compressed with gzip and Winzip will
decompress the tar file back to its original x.tar format, but will not
open or show me the contents of the tar file.
I'm looking for a WinXP application that will "open" the x.tar file.

IZArc:
<http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/>