Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:41:44 -0400

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 09:48 am, TODD BATZLER wrote:
> Saw Brian Dean's post on avrdude and I'm a long way from being able to
> help, but my first step is to figure out how to 'un-tar' a file under
>Windows XP.

You can install DJGPP to get many of the UNIX like programs,
that work fine from the Windows command line,
simply put C:\DJGPP\BIN in your path.

DJGPP is far less intense to install than Cygwin if you are not ready
for that step yet.  You may install only the few files that you might need,
like tar, bzip2 or up to a whole BASH environment.

Get DJGPP here:

http://www.delorie.com/