Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:32:59 -0600

Curtis Maloney wrote:

However, as someone else pointed out - you will probably need Cygwin to build it anyway, so you might as well install it. Either that, or Msys (a set of unix tools with MinGW) which I find very handy to have on Windows boxen.

We're talking avrdude here: it's been tested on building with *Cygwin only*, but *it does not link to the Cygwin DLL*. It builds a native Win32 executable. So getting MinGW/MSYS does not offer any advantage in this particular case only.

Eric