Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:21:56 -0400

Hi Kitts,

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 06:53:50PM +0530, Kitts wrote:

> with WinXP. I used to use avrstudio for all programming and always had
> my avrstudio and stk500 firmware version up to date.

I suspect that since you've been diligent about updating your firmware
that your firmware is now running at V2.x.  V2.x's protocol broke
backward compatibility with the previously used STK500 protocol, so
most third party programmers stopped working at that time.

You could either back-rev your firmware to V1.x, or updated your
avrdude installation to the new 5.0-BETA in order to get STK500V2
support (firmware revision 2).  Note that this software is still beta
and not guaranteed to be a fully smooth ride.

> I would prefer using uisp as it provides access to all of the stk500
> features.

I think AVRDUDE does as well.  What specific features of the STK500 do
you need that AVRDUDE does not support?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers