Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500

From: Kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:08:10 +0530

On Saturday 21 May 2005 8:51 pm IST, you wrote:
> You could either back-rev your firmware to V1.x, or updated your
> avrdude installation to the new 5.0-BETA in order to get STK500V2
> support (firmware revision 2).  Note that this software is still beta
> and not guaranteed to be a fully smooth ride.

Thanks! i did not know about the new programmer id "stk500v2" and kept
trying just "-c stk500". I hope it is stable enough for my work! Anyway
where can i get the older firmware for better consistency?

> > I would prefer using uisp as it provides access to all of the
> > stk500 features.
>
> I think AVRDUDE does as well.  What specific features of the STK500
> do you need that AVRDUDE does not support?

Setting the analog voltage, the target voltage and the ocillator in
particular.

Is there a front end for the avrdude? i would just need this to
interpret the fuses as i am not fully comforatble with just bit values.
Well not a big deal getting used to! :-)
--
Cheers!
Kitts