Re: [avr-chat] UISP / AVRDude : what to choose ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] UISP / AVRDude : what to choose ?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:00:03 +0200

Hmmmm, okay, I eventually managed to compile avrdude, the 'make' failed
but it wasn't serious in the end, only a few weird missing dependencies
('tex' stuff) that somehow hadn't been checked for presence beforehand
during the 'configure' phase...

Well, with the latest version of both UISP and AVRDUDE now installed,
the choice has somehow been made much easier by... the man page of
AVRDUDE, as my (soon to be delivered...) chip (atmega32) is not listed
amongst the supported chips ! But UISP does explicitly support it,
according to its web page.
So... not much choice, UISP or nothing, hope it's good ! :-/

The man page of AVRDUDE does say that... :

" If avrdude does not know about a part that you have, simply
add it to the config file... "

but if it was that easy that anyone could do it, surely someone wold
already have added to the list by now... :o(

--
Vince