Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:40:08 +0200

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:53:48 -0500
Bill Gatliff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you tried it with AVR Studio?  That might help pin down where the
> problem is.

Nope. I am on Linux and I think (?) AVR Studio is only available for
Windows.

> FWIW, I haven't seen slow _anything_ with Dragon under AVR Studio.  So
> I'm suspicious of avrdude.

Ah great, that's good news then. I was a little afraid that with the
Dragon packing so many features for so little price, there HAD to be a
catch somewhere, and that slow performance might be one of them.
Seems that not then ! :-) If it's avrdude at fault then at least it's
potentially fixable, whereas had it been the Dragon at fault...

I will try to run AVR Studio in my WinXP virtual machine and see what
comes out of it... If it's still slow, then it's likely my Dragon is
defective in some way. Sadly it would not be economical to return it
under warranty (shipping it back to the US and back again to Europe...)
so I would just have to buy another one.

--
Vince