Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:28:14 -0500

On Jun 25, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

All good news so far except... except that in terminal mode avrdude
still takes 60 seconds to dump one little KB from the flash memory !
ARRRRGH ! So this thread is still very much open I fear :-(
I could not compare with AVR studio, because I didn't find any
'terminal" mode in it, unfortunately...

I don't remember how to use Makefiles from within AVR Studio but if you install WinAVR in your virtual XP machine then if you have access to your source files it should be easy to add them to an AVR Studio project, rebuild in Studio, then launch the Studio's debugger.

While I do a lot of editing and test compiles (for syntax check) on FreeBSD, I use svn (TortoiseSVN on XP) to sync my work between FreeBSD and XP. All debugging is done on XP. I keep a separate AVR Studio project and a separate Makefile.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden