Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:04:09 +0200

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:48:06 -0500
Bill Gatliff <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think AVR Studio might run ok under Wine.

Didn't work on Wine, so tried it in a virtual machine... avr studio
fails to connect to the Dragon. I did notice that Windows XP detected
the Dragon at start up, and wanted to in stall a driver for it ! Does
the dragon really require a driver before AVR Studio can connect to
it ??

I als tried reboooooting (horror...) my machine, in order to start a
"native"/"real" Windows XP, which I normally never use and just keep
there "just in case", since havin git on the drive causes no harm after
all.. Well, bug disappointment : even in this case, AVR studio fails to
connect to the Dragon.
Avrdude can do it so presumably AVR Studio should be able to as well !
I am starting to get confused... maybe I should send my Dragon to some
kind Western European soul on this list (Joerg ?! ;-) by post, for
testing.....

--
Vince