Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 02:07:51 +0200

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:23:14 -0500
Bill Gatliff <address@hidden> wrote:

> I bet they ship from the factory with some crappy, version 0.01 firmware
> of some kind.  Factory test, or something.
>
> Which presents a challenge for avrdude, obviously...

Ohhh... I tried reinstalling the Dragon driver under Windows, somehow
succeeded, and wow, AVR Studio has finally managed to connect to the
Dragon, and successfully upgraded its firmware ! Yeaaaah, at least my
Dragon is up to date now... back into Linux, avrdude can connect to it
again, phew ! :-)

All good news so far except... except that in terminal mode avrdude
still takes 60 seconds to dump one little KB from the flash memory !
ARRRRGH ! So this thread is still very much open I fear :-(
I could not compare with AVR studio, because I didn't find any
'terminal" mode in it, unfortunately...

--
Vince, still slow, but now up to date !