Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:04:07 +0200

Thanks Daniel and Roger !

I have now my anwser... even if not a pleasing one.

Geez, I bought a USB programmer and Dragon, thinking it would be way
faster than my antic // cable... only to find out it's exactly the
opposite ! How ironic, antic interfaces that smoke circles around modern
ones ! Likewise, me thinks the old serial port is unlikeley to die
anytime soon then...

Oh well, I will just put my Dragon in a drawer and use my // cable
again. I will just need to buy an extra // interface card for my
computer (because my printer is on the // port too, and I got tired of
swapping all the time, one of the reasons I wanted USB !), but I doubt
it will cost me more than this door stop of a dragon ! Hell no, even as
a door stop it's no use ! ;-/
Well, lesson learned... newer, shinier and more expensive is not always
better or even as good... far from that.

Thanks for the technical insight chaps, I know where to stand now...

Regards,

--
Vince, disappointed ? euphemism...