Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:15:33 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:04:09 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Avrdude can do it so presumably AVR Studio should be able to as well !

Oh no... I just gave avrdude a try just after leaving Windows and
rebooting into Linux, and ohmy God, now even avrdue fails to connect to
the Dragon !! I tried 10 times in a row, and I always get the same
error, as follows:

$ avrdude -c dragon_isp -p m32 -P usb
avrdude: jtagmkII_getsync(): sign-on command: status -1
avrdude: usbdev_send(): wrote -19 out of 11 bytes, err = error
submitting URB: No such device avrdude: jtagmkII_send(): failed to send
command to serial port

it's talking about jtag mkII not Dragon, and serial port instead of
USB, so it's quite confusing to say the least.

The Dragon is detected (it shows up if I do an 'lsusb'), and when I run
avrdude, the Dragon's LEDs do show a sign of life. I tried using
different USB ports of my motherboard, no change. Replaced the brand
new USB cable with another brand new USB cable... still no joy.

Grrr...

--
Vince