Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:30:40 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:19:17 +0200 (MET DST)
address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

> Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Or might this be a problem in the terminal mode of avrdude, rather
> > than the Dragon ?
>
> Sorry, I didn't read your message to the end at first.
>
> Yes, the terminal mode uses one byte at a time transfers, it's
> terribly slow.  It's really only intended for having a quick view into
> a few bytes of memory.

Yeah but it's very fast with my crappy // port DIY cable ('bsd' style),
it's only when using my Dragon that somehow terminal mode becomes
super slow. That's why I am trying to find out if it's because of the
Dragon that's crap (sorry Atmel) or if the terminal mode somehow has
some bug that makes it slow with the Dragon, but fast with a DIY cable.
I still have not been able to figure out which of the Dragon or
avrdude, is at fault... so I can't take action ! ;-)

--
Vince