[avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:44:42 -0800

Hi. I'm about to start a new design and I'm looking for lots of GPIO, PWM, and
USB. It seems the XMEGA parts might fit the bill. I've used lots of different
MEGA parts, but these are new to me.

Reading through Atmel's "Getting Started with XMEGA" document
(http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8169.pdf), it seems like an awesome chip (one
that could benefit from a highly platform-dependent small RTOS).

I wonder if anyone has had any negative experiences with them? Is GCC support
good enough for these parts? How about tools like avrdude?

Thanks!

--
Rick