Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: Bill Gatliff
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:05:56 -0600

I'll second Eric's vote: AVR XMEGA is good stuff.

I has an instruction set architecture and peripheral mix that isn't completely schizophrenic (I'm looking at you, Microchip).  And the gcc support is excellent, both standalone and via AVR Studio.

I use the AVR Dragon adapter to debugWIRE, but I have played with avrdude and been pretty satisfied too.

b.g.